The Munshine Group, a New Jersey-based consulting firm providing fundraising, communications, and nonprofit management services to clients along the Northeast Corridor, seeks a skilled and experienced Analytics and Research Manager. The successful candidate will work with our nonprofit clients to conduct prospect research, prepare donor profiles, and analyze and present the results of client database screenings by third parties. This role is also responsible for various analytical and database projects. With room for growth and promotion, this position holds vital responsibilities for The Munshine Group and our clients.
- Research individuals, corporations and foundations using subscription resources as well as public websites and publications.
- Analyze data and synthesize results to assess financial capacity, philanthropic tendencies, giving propensity, and other information to aid in the development process; produce accurate, detailed prospect profiles.
- Participate in prospect identification efforts using innovative methods as well as database queries and analysis.
- Partner with colleagues as the primary point of contact for research needs as required, especially to support high-priority campaign-related work.
- Lead assigned research projects, employing customer relationship strategies to ensure positive service experiences, proactively discover ongoing needs, and recommend approaches to meet those needs.
- Coordinate foundation grant opportunities with internal and external grant writers.
- Provide creative and resourceful approaches to research, prospecting, and reporting challenges.
- Work within various CRM systems to inform data-driven decision making.
- Using industry best practices and trends, analyze results from wealth screenings to evaluate client’s donor data and develop tiered prospect lists for major gift campaigns. Confidently present findings to leadership and board members.
- Conduct database assessments to inform fundraising plans and goals.
- Perform benchmarking assessments with like organizations for strategic planning purposes.
- Complete other ad hoc database/analytical projects as needed.
- Manage multiple projects or clients, requests and initiatives, with frequently competing deadlines, ensuring timely project completion and delivery of high-quality products.
- Communicate and collaborate with internal and external teams.
- Train, manage the workflow of, and supervise one to two part-time interns to assist with prospect research and data assignments.
- Develop project proposals, work plans, reports, or other written documents.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Maintain strict confidentiality and handle sensitive information and material in an ethical and professional manner.
- Familiarity with current research technologies and information search techniques, including online data sources, pay-subscription sources, public records, and internet searches.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to analyze and report a wide range of research findings; experience developing and delivering presentations.
- Strong attention to detail while working within deadlines.
- Demonstrated work with data in a wide variety of formats.
- Demonstrated understanding of major gifts fundraising process/strategies and the contributions and integration of data management and analysis to inform fundraising strategies.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
At least three year’s experience in prospect research; fundraising/development experience and nonprofit experience strongly preferred. Intermediate knowledge of donor types and understanding of fundraising processes and donor cycles. Proficient in MS Office and experience with online donor data research tools such as DonorSearch.
Knowledge of information systems including a variety of software, internet, and various databases, and knowledge of prospect research ethics, including statements by Apra, is helpful.
This is a remote position. The applicant is required to live in New York or New Jersey and have familiarity with the nonprofit markets in the area.
The Munshine Group is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified candidates of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com.